Saturday, November 15, 2008

My Surprise

So I hate surprises - if you ask Bo I drive him nuts around Christmas time trying to figure out what he is getting me. Well, last weekend we had a date to go to a play about Patsy Cline. We had family pics. right before the play so we were going to be gone pretty much all night after 3:00. Anyway, we dropped the kids off to Bo's mom's for babysitting and went down town to the dinner party we were attending. After dinner we went to the play (which was also part of the dinner party / gathering). The night was fabulous. We picked up our kids about 11:00 pm and headed home. When we got home I noticed that the light in Violet's room was on. Bo asked me to go shut it off while he got the kids out of the car. So I walked in and headed up stairs. When I got to her room there were blue tarps all over the floor - we were planning on painting in a few weeks so in my tired state I was just assuming that Bo had laid them out getting all set up to paint. Then I realized the room was painted the beautiful yellow that I had picked out. Bo's step mom had spent the entire afternoon and evening at our house painting. She knew what colors I wanted to she just went and picked up the paint - arranged it with Bo and painted the baby's room.
The story continues - so my enitre house was done if flat paint right before we bought it. The color is good but the paint absorbs every single finger print and comes off the wall when you try to scrub it. So while we were picking paint for the baby's room Bo's stepmom TK suggested that I just pick the paint I wanted for the dining room, kitchen and downstairs hallway too. Well on Thursday I woke up in a lot of pain and after a trip to the dr. they determined that since I have a cold and have been coughing a lot I pulled a muslce in my side. So they told me I needed to stay down for a few days. That night Bo's mom called and asked me to go to her house on Friday so she could help with the kids. I totally fell for it - you can guess what Bo's stepmom spent the day doing at my house - this time Bo's sister Julie helped too. Yep, so now the dining room, hall and kitchen are painted as well. I guess I am going to have to be more suspicious of this family. But it made for some great surprises. So - Thanks for everything TK!!!

9 comments:

TP said...

Very nice of them! I would love a surprise like that. It's good to have such a great family!!

The Learner said...

Oh what a wonderful surprise! Glad you can have that done before your little girl comes. Yeah!

HILL HESS said...

You have a wonderful family! What a thoughtful surprise!

Konnie said...

What a great family -- and what a wonderful surprise! I saw your mom yesterday, she met Violet -- and was amazed that we fell in love with the same name! I told we had already laughed about it. How are you feeling? Have you guys done a baby registry anywhere? I'd love to send some pink!!!!

A Country Girl and A Southern Boy said...

That is awesome!! I spent all weekend painting one room in our house, I cant imagine any more. It would also be nice to come home and have it already done. I have two more to paint. Take care of your self.

Ash said...

I can't think of a better gift to get! What a sweet family! Especially at a time like this when you really want to get things ready and don't have quite the ability to do everything. I'm excited for Violet to come!

The Peterson's said...

Glad you have such a great family! You loved every minute of it!! I love your family pictures!!! They are wonderful. You look beautiful!

Season said...

That is so sweet. They are fast painters. It takes me like a week for one room. I am glad you have such good family and support by you guys,

elonna said...

Awesome! That is so great. I love love the family pictures. Your family is addorable.