Saturday, November 24, 2007

Getting ready for Christmas!





We had a great Thanksgiving and have already started decorating for Christmas. Porter had a great time hanging all of the ornaments while Elias was fascinated with the beautiful glow of lights on the tree. Bo was handing the ornaments to Porter and he handed him a beautiful ceramic Christmas Tree Box which I recognized as Porter's gift last year from my Grandparents. Tears filled my eyes - I remember last yaear opening the box and reading my Grandmother's sweet note: Porter we love you. Love GG and GG. I kept the note in the box because my Grandpa had been diagnosed with lung cancer and we weren't sure if he would make it to the next Christmas. My Grandpa passed away last winter. As I opened the box this year - I was greeted with the message from my grandparents. I am so thankful that I kept that small note - now Porter will always know how much his great grandparents loved him.

3 comments:

The Peterson's said...

What a cute memory. I am also excited about Christmas coming up. I am having 23 people come to my house this year. That will be different! I am not sure what to do. But it will be good. I can't wait until I have help decorating my tree.

elonna said...

I am glad you had agreat Thanksgiving! We sure missed you around here... I am so glad that we get to see your pictures of putting up decorations. I love this time of year because there are so many great things that go into Christmas. I had something similiar run through my mind when I saw those ornaments too. Love Ya!

Season said...

Looks like you guys are having a lot of fun. We sure miss the other Porter around here.