Thursday, November 25, 2010

Meet Juliet





After a very yucky pregnancy we were blessed with our sweet little Juliet on November 15 at 7:01 pm. She weighed in at 7 pounds 7 ounces and was 20 3/4 inches long. She is absolutely beautiful and of course looks just like her Daddy.
The last few weeks were pretty rough - I dilated early and had a lot of contractions but just couldn't seem to go into labor. I had a Dr. apt. on the 15th and decided I was going to beg to see if she would strip my membranes. I didn't feel well and my legs were really swollen. However, when I got to the Dr. (swollen legs and all) and they took my blood pressure my midwife became a little alarmed. The high blood pressure - coupled with my extremely swollen legs and headaches all pointed to one thing - preeclampsia. When my midwife checked me I was dilated to a 4.5 so she called over to the hospital to see if they had a bed. They did and she told me to go right over - she said someone could bring me my overnight bag I was not to go home. We got to the hospital around 4:00 pm and checked in. My contractions were between 1 and 3 minutes apart. At 5:00 they started the pitocin and our sweet little baby was born 2 hours later.
Juliet is a wonderful baby and is growing like crazy! We are so excited to have her in our family!

11 comments:

Kenzee Jo said...

So happy for you! She's precious! CONGRATS ON #4!!! All your kids are adorable... Glad you and the baby are doing well.

HILL HESS said...

COngratulations! So happy for you guys! I've been begging Warren to let me name our little one Juliet! LOVE that name!

The Peterson's said...

Congrats!!! She is Beautiful!

Jenn's Mommy Days said...

Congrats! She is a cutie!

Ash said...

I'm so glad it all went well and now your baby is here! How great to have her out not in! She's beautiful!

Laney said...

seriously, we have not been gone that long and look how much everyone has grown! Congratulations again!

Season said...

She is absolutely beautiful! I so happy for you guys.

TP said...

Congratulations! You have a beautiful family!

123 checkoutourfamily said...

Congrats! How fun to have another girl for Violet. I'm glad she made it before Thanksgiving. I still have 2 months to go and I'm already feeling like I'm ready now.

Sunnie said...

that is great news! what a sweet little baby and so much dark hair! congrats!

Anonymous said...

Juliet, we love you! Kiss her for me!