Wednesday, August 26, 2009

The First Day of School





Porter is in Kindergarten - I can't believe it! He was not too happy about his first day of school. He said it was the worst day ever - but then I discovered that he had a fever of 101 and a really bad headache. No wonder he didn't love the first day. He took some Tylenol and eventually told me the good things about his day. I feel really bad that he didn't know to tell the teacher he was sick. His fever broke in the middle of the night and he felt great the next morning and was excited for school. I'm not sure what was wrong but at least he is over it. He had a wonderful day yesterday and couldn't wait to go back to school today. I also posted a few cute pics. of Violet and Eli. Eli wanted to be just like Porter and get his picture taken before we left to take Porter to school.

6 comments:

HILL HESS said...

Love the action shot, getting off the bus. What a classic! :) Poor guy, sick his first day!

elonna said...

Hurray you posted! Wow kindergarten already! Too bad that Porter was sick his first day. I am glad he liked it the next day.

TP said...

Well I'm glad he is not still sick and loving school! I hope he has a great year!

Ash said...

Wow, what a big step! For him and you! Glad you survived. :)

Anonymous said...

My poor little Porter. He is a tough guy to suck it up and go back to school. Everyone looks so adorable in the pictures, and Porter suddenly looks so old to me!

The Peterson's said...

Was that just so hard to let him o off to school! I am so not ready for that and I am a Kindergarten Teacher!